Answered By: Bryan Kasik
Last Updated: Aug 15, 2018     Views: 6

A good place to start is with CAPS - Counseling & Psychological Services -  They can be reached at 434-243-5150  and have counselors on duty 24/7.

Dean on Call for Student Distress

The Office of the Dean of Students has someone “on call” all the time. During exams tensions run high and we might observe students who are in distress, but not sick. It might be appropriate to contact the Dean on Call service for a student who is quite distressed. (You can also find this be searching the UVA web site for “dean on call.”) See this Memo from the Dean Image:Students in distress memo to faculty fall 2010.pdf for more information.

From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, contact the Office of the Dean of Students in Peabody Hall, 924-7133, or the Office of Residence Life in Dabney House at 924-3736.   Those who need support or referrals after hours can contact the University Police Dept at 924-7166 and ask to be referred to the Dean on Call.

The Parent Help Line is: 434-243-3333.

Related Topics

Contact Us