Answered By: Bryan Kasik
Last Updated: Mar 09, 2018     Views: 126

Yes, Both Alderman and Fine Arts have carrels for graduate students.

Contact Stephanie Hunter ( for Alderman carrels and Trayc Freeman ( for Fine Arts.

Carrels in Alderman
Alderman Carrels are reservable desks located in the back of Old stacks and along the walls of New stacks.

Carrels are primarily assigned to graduate students.* When the "owner" is not using the carrel, anyone may study at the carrel. You may check out and leave books at the carrel, but all library items must have a yellow carrel slip inserted. If you want to take a book out of the library that has been kept in the carrel, make sure that the book  stop by the desk to ensure it can be taken out. 

Graduate Reading Room "Shelves"
Grads should contact Stephanie Hunter to reserve shelves in the Graduate Reading Room (Ald 310). Library books left in this room must be carrel charged. GRR shelves are checked out to grads. Stephanie Hunter maintains the records of who has what shelf.