Answered By: Barbie Selby Last Updated: Nov 28, 2018 Views: 71
The Nielsen BookScan data is the primary source for book sales figures. UVA doesn't have access to that. Publishers Weekly and Factiva include articles on sales of books.
Additional sources include:
- Market Share Reporter in print at Darden (and available to the Law School online in Lexis Nexis) has some information on market share for books and publishers.
- The Library and Book Trade Almanac in print in Alderman Reference - Z731 .B6 - also has information on sales numbers.
- AAP collects statistics and will sell them - http://www.publishers.org/resources/
- Tool analyzing Amazon sales - http://www.salesrankexpress.com
- Harvard FAQ on this topic - http://asklib.hcl.harvard.edu/a.php?qid=50305
- Minnesota: https://www.lib.umn.edu/faq/108
For older books, it can be worthwhile to contact publishers, or consult their archives; SHARP maintains some links to publishers' archives here: http://www.sharpweb.org/archives-collections/.